Johnson and Johnson is currently recruiting for a Pilot / First Officer Fixed Wing for the West Trenton, New Jersey Trenton/Mercer airport facility.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.3 billion in 2013 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Pilot / First Officer Fixed Wing is responsible for the safe, economical, consistent and legal operation of company aircraft in compliance with all applicable federal regulations as well as company policies, standards and procedures. Pilots in command of an aircraft are directly responsible for and are the final authority on the safe legal and consistent operation of that aircraft.
The Pilot / First Officer Fixed Wing will:
- Perform the safe, legal and consistent operation of the aircraft in accordance with all federal/national aviation regulations and company policies, standards and procedures.
- Operate, analyze and appropriately react to all aircraft operational functions such as aircraft performance, internal and external communications, air traffic and climate conditions.
- Perform flight operations tasks including aircraft takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, approach, landing, taxi and parking in accordance with aviation mandated standards.
- Coordinate tasks to permit a number of functions, including but not limited to flight fueling, loading, passenger handling, associated duties to transport passengers and baggage in a safe manner in accordance with company policies, standards and procedures and appropriate federal/national regulations.
- Conduct pre and post flight inspection of the aircraft to ensure air worthiness.
- Maintain expert knowledge of assigned aircraft equipment type and current operational procedures.
- Coordinate activities with others, both in the cockpit and in the operational departments.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required; a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Recent experience on multi-engine turbine powered fixed-wing aircraft in high-density areas (total time - 3000 hours, 1000 multi-engine fixed-wing
- As per FAR 61.159, not more than 100 hours of flight simulator may be counted towards total flight time requirement above.
- A minimum of 300 hours instrument and 300 hours night experience is required.
- Must hold a FAA Commercial, Instrument, and Multi-Engine Rating.
- FCC Radio Telephone Operator Permit (international operations) is required.
- Ability to obtain the ATP certificate within the first 180 days of employment is required
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass Company’s physical examination and stress test on an annual basis and flight check by Chief Pilot and/or Training Officer.
- Strong business communication skills are required.
- Must be able to travel approximately 30% of the time overnight, to domestic and international destinations, sometimes on short notice.
- Live within a one hour car drive of the aviation facility is desirable.
United States-New Jersey-West TrentonOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.