Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at http://www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
The Fixed Assets (FA) Accountant prepares, maintains and reconciles fixed asset accounts on a daily and basis. This person monitors the FA function from basic data entry to producing customized detailed reports for management through utilization of the Oracle Fixed Asset System and related data management queries. Strong technical accounting skills are needed for success in this role. This position reports directly to the Fixed Assets Team Lead.
- Reviews, reconciles and analyzes all fixed asset general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries as needed against project budgets
- Process & review capital equipment requisitions, invoices, and purchase orders and ensure assets are capitalized in accordance with GAAP
- Processes sales/proceeds from sales of assets, as well as activity for closed components
- Maintains asset buyback information for ARAMARK clients, including preparation of amortization schedules and buyback interest schedules
- Analyzes fixed asset activity, and processes bill-to-client invoices and prepares gain/loss reconciliation
- Monitors and tracks the construction in progress expenditures and maintains and updates investment cost records for all capital project expenditures
- Review client contracts to ensure assets are accounted for in accordance with terms of the contract, as well as, GAAP.
- Prepares monthly reporting for fixed assets including asset reconciliation reports, construction in progress reports, capital expenditure reports and transfer and retirement reports. Analyze monthly reports and provide explanations for significant variances between general ledger and asset sub-ledger.
- Reviews systems and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department
Assists with Oracle updates, testing, and ad hoc projects, including various administrative functions such as filing, assisting with tax audits, and vendor control issues Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance coupled with at least 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience is required. Fixed assets experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are required for success in this role.
- Strong Excel skills are required. Experience in the review of client contracts is needed as the role requires the ability to review client contracts and understand related accounting for fixed assets based on contract review
- Experience with and knowledge of ERP accounting software, and all Microsoft Office applications is required. Oracle experience preferred
- Experience in a central location managing field accounting activities coupled with the ability to influence without formal authority
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel
- Ability to work autonomously and make sound business judgments in resolving generally understood and/or more complex issues
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment, strong organizational & communication skills are all required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods and the ability to perform complex or highly technical accounting tasks and functions
Ability to communicate well with internal and external parties, including other regions, customers, banks, vendors, internal accountants and provide excellent customer service
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.