About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an experienced individual to join as a Compliance Officer in the Fixed Income Division of Guggenheim Securities. Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, this person will provide comprehensive compliance support for the Fixed Income Division which includes secondary sales and trading, debt commentary, private placements and financing transactions.
In addition to overall compliance support, the ideal candidate will provide real-time advice, develop and provide training on policies and procedures to comply with applicable rules and regulations, covering among other areas; Rule 144A, conflicts of interest (e.g. position calculations, prospectus disclosures), investor wall crossings, FINRA Rule 2422, Market Access, Large Trader, TRACE, SEC Rule 15c3-5, communications with the public, and any other applicable rules and regulations.
The Fixed Income Compliance Officer will also provide support for general compliance issues such as registrations, gifts/entertainment, personal investment policy, FCPA, anti-competitive behavior, etc.
The position is located in New York. Specific Responsibilities Include
Provide compliance advisory coverage to the Fixed Income desks within the Sales and Trading Division. Primary product coverage areas may include Securitized Products, Corporates, Rates, Leverage Finance, Repo, Futures and Municipals. Responsibilities also include:
Skills & Experience Required
- Collaboration with other compliance officers to develop and structure consistent business and compliance processes across all capital markets
- Conduct surveillance of the sales and trading activities including KYC, AML and marketing efforts
- Perform desk or branch examinations
- Draft responses to external regulatory inquiries/exams and internal audit queries
- Attend relevant Firm committees as required, (i.e. New Products Committee) draft, implement, and update policies and procedures related to the business responsibilities
- Prepare educational memos and provide training sessions for desk personnel on current and new regulatory rules
- Undertake proactive and reactionary compliance reviews
- Design and project manage creation of surveillance reporting
- Monitor Treasury Market Practices Group best practices, organize internal updates on changes and assist the business in updating processes to adhere to the TMPG guidelines
- Manage the Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSE) annual certification process, including preparing business training, obtaining certifications and maintaining contact lists
About Guggenheim Securities
- 10 years of progressive fixed income markets experience working in compliance in support of a sales and trading business within a broker dealer.
- Solid fixed income product knowledge
- Series 7 and 24 license required
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
- Experience drafting policies, implementing procedures, training, monitoring and assessing risks
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push towards constant improvement
- Experience working within an organization distributed across geographic locations a plus
- Must successfully pass a background check
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.