Morgan Stanley Investment Research is one of the financial industry's dominant thought leaders in equity and fixed-income investing and is a vital link between the Firm's varied business divisions. Our analysts, economists, and strategists have earned this reputation through timely, in-depth analysis of companies, industries, markets, and the world's economies. Our highly regarded equity analysts--who cover over 2,300 stocks globally and are organized by country, region, and global industry--develop key investment ideas and themes that are used by buy-side firms to structure portfolios as well as by the Morgan Stanley sales force in its interaction with investing clients; and provide valuable insights on market-moving events to the firm's traders and their clients. A career in investment research at Morgan Stanley demands a commitment to excellence and a passion for the markets as well as the highest level of integrity.
Morgan Stanley's North American Fixed Income Research team is looking for a VP level Strategist to join the Interest Rate Strategy team.
The role involves communicating with institutional clients, writing research notes, conducting bespoke analysis, and building and maintaining analytical models. The candidate must possess strong analytical, interpersonal, excel, oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generate written research for client consumption including daily market commentary
- Develop and maintain relationships with institutional clients
- Respond to requests for information, calls and data from internal and external clients
- Keep abreast of industry-related news flow
- Regular interaction with fixed-income sales and trading force
- 6 years work experience in the fixed-income markets in interest rate analysis, quantitative analysis, or similar
- Familiarity with government bond markets, a macroeconomic drivers, geopolitical drivers is required.
- US Treasury experience is a plus
- Interest in bond market is a plus
- Knowledge of charting is a plus
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must have ability to work independently and with broader team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a must
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.