Fixed Income Sales & Trading - Summer Analyst Program
Company: TD Bank
Location: New York, New York
Posted: November 13, 2015
Reference ID: 717557584
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description Overview: TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, New York, London and Singapore.
TD Securities offers its U.S. based employees the advantage of working in a highly focused boutique-type operation, while being part of a major global investment dealer. Confidence in our U.S. operations systems stems from the recognition of our in-depth industry knowledge and from our outstanding credit, structuring, research and distribution capabilities. At TD Securities, you will gain exposure to various markets and gain a competitive advantage of your own. You will be exposed to a wide variety of clients, industries, financing structures and products.
POSITION: Fixed Income Sales & Trading Summer Analyst
The Sales & Trading Group is comprised of a number of Fixed Income businesses. Summer analysts participate in a rotational program which will enable them to develop and hone their skill-sets by training on different desks. The desk assignments are based on business need and personal interest.
Sales analysts will be responsible for:
• Answering calls and listening in on client calls with senior salespeople
• Assisting with client needs
• Sending out research and ideas internally and externally
• Generating views and ideas about the fixed income market
• Creating and maintaining presentation materials
• Supporting senior salespeople and liaising between clients and traders
• Allocating trades and liaising with clients and internal groups to ensure all transactions meet the clients needs
Trading analysts will be responsible for:
• Analytical projects and excel reporting
• Understanding risk and developing an idea of risk taking strategies
• Developing an understanding of market indicators, their impact across the yield curve and on different instruments
• Presenting research and recommendations to the trading team
• Working with the trading team on inter-day requirements
• Working with sales and other groups internally to ensure executed transactions are settled and provide further information where required
• Certain desks will have analysts work on building models and quantitative analytics, financial engineering, heavy modeling and coding are desirable skill sets for trading analysts. Job Requirements Undergraduate degree in any discipline with strong financial and analytical skills. Successful candidates must have strong communication skills, problem solving and analytical capabilities and be able to work effectively in a team environment. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York City (Primary) New York