The Flavor Regulatory Manager will provide flavor regulatory expertise with responsibility to ensure compliance with global flavor regulations and Company specific requirements. The manager will critically review current, proposed and new legislation/regulations to identify potential issues, as well as promote and participate in advocacy efforts. In addition, the position leverages business relationships and influences leadership and operations to support, communicate and drive the execution of current and future flavor regulatory programs. The flavor regulatory manager provides expertise, development, and supervision of Flavor Governance within the Company and leads projects and serves as an internal consultant on regulatory issues and decision making relative to global flavor regulations.
Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities :
- Manage flavor information, including maintaining current flavor-related database information
- Assess regulatory compliance of flavor materials and related consumer product and labeling issues
- Collaborate with flavor suppliers' regulatory departments regarding compliance activities
- Act as regulatory expert and consultant in flavors and related areas, with internal and external partners.
- Establish, communicate, and enforce policies regarding flavor regulatory issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Work with internal and external partners on flavor regulatory and policy issues
- Create flavor training modules and train internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively participate in and work with trade organizations to build relationships, broaden understandings, and further cooperation
- Work with Flavor Extract Manufacturer's Association (FEMA) staff on flavor issues of importance to the Company and the industry
- Manage/administer the flavor portion of the internal product-approval process, including reviewing product requests from business units worldwide
Trade Secret Protection, Horizon Watching and Advocacy
- Work with Company regulatory managers worldwide to obtain and maintain key flavor and labeling regulations and to consult on their meaning and application
- Critically review current, proposed, and new legislation/regulations to identify potential issues, as well as promote and participate in advocacy efforts
- Formulate and propose "positions" on key issues, and develop proposed language for consumer Q&A's, advocacy discussions, and other settings
-Deliver presentations / training sessions
Education : Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related science field. Master's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related field preferred.
Related Work Experience : 5-10 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the regulatory approach to assessing the appropriateness of flavors (regulatory position, 3-5 years)
- A foundation of scientific training sufficient to support scientific and regulatory flavor evaluation efforts and discussions (4-year science degree or Masters)
- Knowledge of the flavor industry and experience in dealing with flavor suppliers on confidential regulatory matters (3-5 years)
Leadership Behaviors :
• DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
• COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
• ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
• INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
• DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Technical Skills :
- Intense attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to recognize and address regulatory and trade secret issues that arise in casual exposure or in the course of research work.
- Ability to gather and manage detailed, sensitive information relating to regulatory status of flavor materials in various countries
- Ability to gather and manage flavor regulations from various countries
- Ability to interpret regulatory information so that it can be readily used in decision making.
- Must be conversant with global regulatory climate, including major markets, and comfortable in identifying and assessing regulatory situations in all markets
- Ability to reduce volumes of information to a cogent position or recommendation
- Sufficient computer knowledge to use formula system, and spreadsheet/database software to capture, manage, condense, and retrieve regulatory information
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.