Company: SYGMA Georgia
Zip Code: 30265
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with the general maintenance, repair, and appearance of the facility, outside grounds, security, power industrial equipment technicians and third party providers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, expense management, compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety and security of the building, its contents and people and management and direction to the facility maintenance staff.
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in building, grounds, sanitation, refrigeration systems, power industrial equipment and fleet.
- Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to ensure cost effective maintenance pursuant to manufacturers’ specification
- Monitors fleet utilization. Examines reports for accuracy on fleet vehicles and prepares reports on vehicle utilization and maintenance
- Coordinates emergency response or crisis management activities, develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and other entities in order to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination and assists Safety Manager with training initiatives.
- Manages the proper selection, purchase, utilization and inventory of Company assets in support of the facilities. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Develops business relationships to ensure communication and efficient operations with third party vendors, including but not limited to, janitorial, pest services, security, external contractors, and facility maintenance. Maintains current certificate of insurance and hold harmless agreements for all contracted vendors.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within facility and fleet maintenance.
- Establishes preventative maintenance schedules for all systems, equipment, and buildings including: refrigeration system, HVAC Systems, fire protection and security Systems, electrical and energy management, dock doors/dock plate systems, power industrial equipment, building components (roof, interior & exterior floors/walls, doors, paved surfaces and landscaping).
- Checks all repair work performed in shop for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests
- Manages, assigns and monitors all department projects for quality and timely completion. Utilizes maintenance tracking software for task management.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submit ideas and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, etc.)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
A little about us: