This position contributes to the success of our company by effectively managing and directing the daily operation of the maintenance and damage function for our shops in San Fransisco. This position is responsible for supervising the maintenance shop in a safe and professional manner, and leading and improving the performance of the staff. Also monitors and controls parts and outside repairs, approves all maintenance expenditures, directs all recall safety claims and prepares timely repair estimates and salvage packages on all damaged vehicles and forward to claims. Manages vendor relationships to verify that vehicles are repaired in accordance with damage appraisals and ensures all repairs are properly documented per Company standards. Responsibilities and essential job functions, but are not limited to:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Direct all mechanical and body damage repair in shop. Ensure all related repair orders are completed and processed in accordance with established guidelines. Control vehicle downtime and units out of service. Inspect vended vehicles to ensure specified repairs are completed and quality of work meets established standards. Compare damage repair costs against estimates to ensure quality of repair and utilization of parts purchased. Approve all maintenance expenditures and submit invoices for approval/payment.
- Select outside vendors and submit for approval for purchase of parts and repair of vehicles. Maintain up-to-date files on vendor insurance policies.
- Ensure warranty submissions meet or exceed business plan and all required paperwork is submitted.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program and coordinate fleet rotation when required.
- Perform other duties and special assignments as required.
The successful candidate must be willing to and/or possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree, technical school or military service is preferred.
- Minimum of five years shop experience in a supervisor position, preferable in Supply Chain functions in the automotive industry
- Familiarity with warranty and vendors procedures is required
- English/Spanish Bilingual preferred.
- Travel depending on district/territory visits to outlying locations and vendors is necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to provide work direction to a team of technicians and staff
- Strong time-management and multitasking skills
- Strong organization and administration skills and detail orientation to ensure day to day smooth operations and to keep detailed, accurate records
- Proficient computer skills including Excel spreadsheet knowledge
A valid driver's license is required for all positions. Drug screening and a background check are a part of our hiring process. IT'S EXCITING being on the fast track to career success. Get your GO on!
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Full training to learn the business and enhance your professional skills
- Paid vacations, car rental discounts & much more!
Avis Budget is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
A little about us: