Are you looking for a solid career with an opportunity for growth? Look no further! Penske Truck Leasing Now Hiring a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor!!!
As a Penske Maintenance Supervisor you will use your excellent communication, organization, and multitasking skills to engage your diesel technicians, maintain good morale among your team, and keep your customers happy. Regular duties include coordinating, scheduling and auditing of vehicle maintenance repairs to include preventative, mechanical and electrical repair to tractors, trucks and trailers.
You will be involved in the hiring, training, and ongoing development of vehicle maintenance technicians to ensure that our highly skilled workforce is able to meet customer expectations.
Preferred candidates will have at least 3 years in fleet vehicle maintenance experience overseeing technicians. Minimally qualified candidates will have at least 3 years of team management in an environment with strong operational metrics. This is a great position to grow into a leadership role with Penske - and you don't need to be a mechanic.
What we offer you:
Penske values the well-being of our employees and their families. That's why we offer competitive wages and a wide range of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug card, 401K and pension plans, flexible dependent care and medical spending accounts, spouse and child life insurance, employee referral bonus, and discounts with Penske partners
All new maintenance supervisors at Penske are enrolled in a training program to provide you with critical job skills, including vehicle componentry and maintenance technology. The training focuses on service department management, effectively leading associates and customer engagement.
Major Responsibilities :
- Prioritize and assign work to meet customers' needs
- Ensure quality, compliance, and safety of Penske's assets
- Control repair, inventory, and labor costs
- Meet and exceed customer satisfaction
- Coach and mentor technicians and CSRs
- Monitor associate work levels
- Facility management, assuring a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties and tasks as required by supervisor
2 nd shift position
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced and high energy environment
- 3-5 years fleet maintenance management experience preferred, or at least 3 years of team management in an environment with strong operational metrics.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Tech School degree preferred
- Strong customer service and organizational skills required
- Valid Driver's License required
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred
- Willingness to travel within district (close geographical area), work the required schedule, work
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in United State is a joint venture among Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more about the company and its products and services.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.