**Requisition ID:** 26853BR
**Job Title:** Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
**Division:** 4178: Roosevelt Regional MSW L/F
**Location:** 53210: Roosevelt-500 Roosevelt Grade
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Exempt
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a maintenance shop that is under the umbrella responsibility of an on-site Maintenance Manager. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising a technician (mechanic) team responsible for preventive maintenance/repair of a fleet; machinery that supports a post-collection facility; repair/maintenance of equipment that services the container shop; and providing direction to technicians to ensure that all repairs/maintenance to equipment (trucks -- diesel and alternate fuel, containers and other heavy duty equipment) are performed in compliance with Company safety and compliance standards, and with all federal and state regulations. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and scheduling repair work for the work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity.
• Provide direction to A, B and C level, and lead technicians assigned to work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Oversee planning and scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity. Monitor operational performance and efficiency and take action to redirect activities appropriately. Report to management on performance; make recommendations for process/programmatic changes for improvement or efficiencies.
• Supervise technicians in maintenance shop, including such responsibilities as conducting daily shop huddles; fleet walks; coaching/counseling lead technician and all technician levels on performance/corrective action, when necessary; make hiring/termination decisions in concert with Human Resources and appropriate management; conduct employee training and performance evaluations; evaluate and make recommendations for merit increase, promotion and job changes, as appropriate.
• Perform inspections of outside repairs to ensure all work was properly completed in accordance with Company’s safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations; follow up where appropriate. Identify training opportunities and, as necessary, document issues and constructively discuss corrective action, as needed, with technician.
• Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track issues and resolution to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with Company’s safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations.
• Oversee repair diagnostics on more complex matters and provide coaching, where necessary; may be required to road test vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
• Oversee maintenance shop inventory control system to ensure necessary equipment and parts levels are maintained and purchases are within budget. Review and approve expenses that are within scope of approval level; refer larger expenses or major repairs to manager as appropriate.
• Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions on heavy equipment and vehicles used by Company, on site and on the road, including:
o Engine chassis repair and maintenance;
o Knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to maintain and repair vehicles in a timely and safe manner;
o Knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to effectively diagnose and repair complex heating and cooling systems in vehicles in a timely and safe manner; and
o Knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure equipment is back in an operable condition as quickly and as safely as possible.
• Manage related administrative matters for team, including payroll, maintenance of employee records, records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed, recording of all information into Dossier Maintenance Software, prepare and submit budget for approval, set departmental goals to align with targets and performance objectives established by division’s leadership.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification T3 Drive.
• ASE T4 Brake.
• ASE T5 Suspension and Steering.
• ASE T6 Electrical/Electronic.
• ASE T7 HVAC Systems.
• ASE T2 Diesel Engine.
• ASE T Master Certified.
• Certified Automotive Fleet Management (CAFM) Financial Systems, CAFM Risk Management and CAFM Information Management or experience with/knowledge of similar technology.
• Commercial Driver’s License.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in maintenance working with heavy equipment.
• Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in a lead technician role, supervisor or other management role requiring a thorough knowledge of safe working practices, DOT, OSHA and other federal and state regulations.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office knowledge.
• Root cause problem solving.
• Effective communications skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Organizational skills.
• Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.