Company: Sysco San Francisco
Zip Code: 94538
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with maintaining the fleet maintenance department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; supervising the company shop and shop personnel for the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of the Sysco fleet, ensuring safety and security of the shop and fleet, and providing general supervision and direction to shop staff. The position is also responsible for administrative duties including parts procurement, inventory management, asset tracking and cost control through maintenance systems.
Sysco San Francisco is located at 5900 Stewart Ave. Fremont, CA -
- Supervises the daily work and safety of associates engaged in fleet maintenance and repair.
- Supervises labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Supervises the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the fleet maintenance department. Coordinates required processes and repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Assist with ensuring the proper scheduling of truck maintenance and repairs; along with compliance of all company programs, including preventative maintenance and inspection of vehicles, non-scheduled maintenance and trouble shooting, repair, rebuild and overhaul of vehicles.
- Reviews fleet maintenance functions and various operational and expense reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within fleet maintenance.
- Conducts audits daily to ensure all required documentation is accurately completed (including all work orders, breakdowns, preventative maintenance logs, pre/post trip inspections, certifications) and that items are installed correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Supervises parts inventory and issues required purchase orders based on anticipated needs.
- Assist with oversight of a fleet services budget to include a review of past year income and expenses; adjusts and administers all fleet service purchases including parts, tools and office supplies.
- Assist with budgets and contracts between third party vendor services to ensure efficient operations.
- Assist with ensuring proper licensing of fleet vehicles and annual vehicle/trailer inspections.
- Stay current with technical manuals, literature and technical advancements of the trade as it pertains to company owned vehicles.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre- shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all Company and safety rules, policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e., OSHA, DOT, and EFC).
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification preferred.
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in repairs and replacement.
- Knowledge of vehicle operations and safety guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of all tools of the trade, shop equipment and power tools including but not limited to jacks, hydraulic lifts, air tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program. Class A CDL preferred.
- Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco.
- Trailer Refer (608) Certification required.
- Cab Air (609) Certification required.
- Air Brake Certification required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.