The Fleet Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the efficient distribution of MWI Animal HealthProducts in the most cost-effective manner. Responsible for overseeing the operation and maintenance of the Company's motor vehicles/equipment fleet. Responsible for implementing, updating and maintaining a Fleet Management Records. Responsible for equipment leases and budgeting. Develops and maintains outside vendor and service provider relationships. Job Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience:
- Optimize delivery routes to minimize costs, while exceeding customer expectations.
- Support the evaluation and onboarding process of all new drivers.
- Support and train local operations personnel as needed in the onboarding and management of drivers, equipment and routes.
- Participate on company transportation safety committee.
- Evaluate, improve and optimize plans that present cost-saving opportunities on inbound transportation utilizing the fleet.
- Support a Fleet Safety Program and conduct ongoing driver safety initiatives.
- Support inbound and outbound logistics operations, such as transportation and driver safety performance.
- Analyze the financial impact of logistics operations, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes and carriers.
- Responsible for maintenance contracts for all company owned and leased equipment.
- Maintain and report all fleet activity and costing including equipment costs, drivers wages and benefits.
- Evaluate all equipment leasing options and equipment utilization to insure the most cost effective solutions for the Company.
- Adhere to and comply with Federal, State, DOT, OSHA, and Company rules and regulations.
- Must be able to travel approximately 20% - 30% of the time.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation & Logistics Manager
Core Competencies: Demonstrate Leadership for Others:
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in transportation and logistics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web-based TMS (TMS should be spelled out for job posting) and Route Optimization software. Revised 11/30/16
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong contract negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of DOT safety guidelines.
- Strong understanding of all modes of Transportation including, but not limited to, small package, LTL (Less-Than-Truckload) and TL (Truckload).
- Fleet purchasing/leasing experience preferred.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Experience handling surface Hazardous Material Shipments.
- Strategic planning experience.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
- A bility to think conceptually and to put ideas into practice and execute programs.
Displays consistent skills, behaviors and attitudes congruent with the values and strategies of MWI; models high performing level of motivation, performance and personal integrity that others strive to emulate; matches actions and words.
Demonstrate Critical Thinking:
Recognizes interrelationships and linkages within the complex business environment; brings the many discrete, functional groups and tasks into an integrated whole; identifies opportunities and problems within situations; assesses strategic long-term and short-term impacts of alternative actions, effectively sets priorities.
Assesses the overall effectiveness of past and current initiatives from planning through implementation; reviews competitive and benchmark data; identifies strategic opportunities for improvement and incorporates ideas into the future planning activities. Know the Organization:
Understands the organization, strategic objectives, structure; works effectively within the organization to achieve results; works continuously to make linkages and build networks within the organization. Plan and Analyze:
Uses relevant information from different sources to identify issues and develop strategies for accomplishing goals; translates strategies into action-oriented objectives; identifies important relationships and root causes; anticipates issues, obstacles or opportunities that may impact plans or action. Seek Continuous Improvement:
Recognizes that all products and services can be continuously improved through systematic optimization of processes; provides employees with the training, tools and support to pursue continuous improvement. Build Quality Service:
Defines quality service based on customer needs, wants, expectations and profitability; aligns actions accordingly; remains sensitive and responsive to both internal and external customers; builds distinctive predictable levels of service; resolves problems quickly and effectively.Build Effective Teams:
Develops an understanding of and assesses group dynamics; takes action to enhance the productivity and collaboration among subordinates and peers; creates an environment that encourages and reinforces teamwork. Promote a Healthy and Safe Work Environment:
Maintains a work environment, which is conducive to the well-being of employees; identifies and corrects adverse health and safety conditions; aggressively manages the productivity and financial implications of health-related absences; strives to determine the root causes of work-related health problems and takes preventive action