Position is location based with a low degree of supervision. Position refurbishes and repairs fleet equipment as needed. Position mixes paints, glues and coating materials to proper standards. Prepares equipment surfaces for repainting, resurfacing or application of new decals/facings. Position may also replace internal and external mechanical workings or body panels as needed. This position requires working on class 2-9 road equipment. Position also requires a CDL class A to transport asset between locations after repairs are made.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Repair and perform body work on fleet equipment * Transport assets between fleet locations, know and understand corrosion mitigation processes and controls. * Document quotes for parts, labor and outside service cost, accurate description of repairs performed and work order generation in Apple devise. *Collect accurate and complete equipment information * Remove old parts and replace with new parts * Maintain shop supply inventory in work area * after each repair, complete paperwork on job and maintain accurate maintenance records * Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
* 21 years or older
* Pass the drug test
* Pass the background check
* Forklift Test if applicable
* Position must be able to pass and obtain CDL class A license within 30 days of hire
* 2 years of relevant experience required
* Must possess CDL class A learners prior to start date
* Working with mechanical systems (e.g., knowing of mechanical concepts, troubleshooting and repairing automobiles, trucks and trailers, performing basic trailer structural and visual components repairs, repair of fiberglass and plastic body components, Straightening frame and structural components. Operating hand tools, spray guns and power tools, etc.)
* Working with basic windows based technology
* Working with DOT regulated equipment (e.g., Trucks and trailer over 26,001 lbs. etc.)
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.