Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to grow in Fleet Management at a Fortune 250 company. I. Job Summary
Supervises and provides direct leadership for technicians. Manages work flow and assigns tasks. This location has 16 technicians, 8 bays, and over 200 pieces of equipment, including both diesel and CNG trucks. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of employees in the maintenance shop.
- Coordinates and supervises all maintenance work and repairs, and monitors progress and quality.
- Reviews driver repairs and other maintenance requests, and prepares work order documents.
- Monitors inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
- Oversees personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Interprets and ensures consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations.
- Creates and submits reports as necessary.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 10 full-time employees including: mechanics, technicians, clerks.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Education Preferred: Associate or Bachelor's degree in related field
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience Preferred: 1 or more years experience leading technicians with extensive involvement in shop management. Previous experience as a diesel technician or strong working knowledge of diesel maintenance a plus.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Maintenance and repairs skills, and supervisory experience may be required.
V. Work Environment
- Intermediate level computer usage skills in Excel, Word, Outlook and inventory control programs
- Working knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Maintenance knowledge of CNG trucks
- Understand metrics and proven ability to drive to metrics/goals
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is shop. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.