To assist Fleet Technicians in providing safe, reliable and cost efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to perform diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle down time and improve total fleet reliability. Primary Responsibility
- Performrequired inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment (Tractors, Trailers, Convertor Dollies, Lift Gates, Light Duty Vehicles) to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet to include, but not limited to FAI/CVI (Annual) Inspections, Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment, perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any company owned equipment.45%
- Perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles such as inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions and road-call repairs in a safe, efficient, and quality manner, addressing all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely, efficiently and correctly the first time, diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.45%
- Document all work performed on Work Order (SAP) using Complaint, Cause, and Correction Format - 5%
- Learn & develop efficiency in all Maintenance Relates Sysco Computer programs - 5%
Education, Degrees, Certificates:
- High school diploma or Equivalent, Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2 year school
- Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2 year school
- Annual Insepctor Certfication Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Brake Inspector Certification Knoweldge, Skills, and Abilities
- ASE Certification - Automotaive or Medium/Heavy Duty
- Working knowledge of Computer-based diagnostic software for OEM and component manufacturing
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Either 1 year experience with 2 year technical degree or 3 years experience in Fleet Maintenance and Repair
- Currentand Valid Drivers License, CDL-A Preferred
- Basic knoweldge and skill of all vehicle types and components
- Basicknowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Basic knoweldge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Physical demands to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with arms, talk and hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and crawl
- Vision abilities to include close and distance vision, color, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Most important decision to be made fully independently: The fleet technician will have to decide if a piece of equipment is road worthy and meets DOT regulations before being released back to operations use. This could cause operations to incur additional expense by renting equipment but the safety of personnel and FMCR should always take presedence.
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required): The fleet technician will collaborate with management to create a priortized work schedule of all fleet equipment that will take into consideration operation needs and pm comliance to stratigically place resources as needed. Organizational Reporting:
Role reports to: Fleet Maintenance Manager
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultryis proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry. This is not a Corporate position. All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry.
A little about us: