More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
To assist Fleet Technician Journeyman and Fleet Technicians in providing safe, reliable and cost efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to perform diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle down time and improve total fleet reliability. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn to perform required inspections and preventive maintenance under the guidance of Fleet Technician Journeyman, Fleet Technician or Fleet Manager on vehicles and equipment (Tractors, Trailers, Convertor Dollies, Lift Gates, Light Duty Vehicles) to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet to include, but not limited to FAI/CVI (Annual) Inspections
- Learn to perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles under the guidance of Fleet Technician Journeyman, Fleet Technician or Fleet Manager such as inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions and road- call repairs in a safe, efficient, and quality manner to include, but not limited to: Addressing all Driver VIR write ups in a timely manner, Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to Engines, Transmissions, Fuel & Ignition Systems, Exhaust Systems (including Regen), Intake Systems, Brake Systems, HVAC Systems, Lift Gate Hydraulic, Mechanical and Electrical Systems.
- Document all work performed on Work Order (SAP) using Complaint, Cause, and Correction Format
- Learn & develop efficiency in all Maintenance Relates Sysco Computer programs
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or Equivalent, Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2 year school
- None required with proper education
- Current and Valid Drivers License, CDL-A Preferred
- Basic Knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and Components
- Basic knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipmen
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Physical demands to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and crawl
- Vision abilities to include Close & Distance vision, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.