Overview: Seeking five flex security officers with a valid EMT B License and who are open to work any day of the week, on any shift, on call, weekends and holidays. Starting pay is $25.35/hr. + benefits.
Job Description: Security Officers are a cornerstone at AlliedBarton Security Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company's core purpose, which is "To serve and secure the people and businesses of our community". They are responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect.
Security Officers perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle, working at the entrance to the facility and answering phones, greeting guests and employees and monitoring closed circuit television systems, alarms and other very important facility systems.
Our security officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site.Essential Functions:
Security officers may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility they work at, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them. Emergency Medical Technicians -Basic (EMT-B) respond to emergency Calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured.After receiving the call from dispatch, the EMT-B/Security officer drives to the location given on site, using the most expeditious route, depending on traffic and weather conditions, The EMT-B/ Security Officer must observe traffic ordinances and regulations concerning emergency vehicle operations.
- Officers ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
- Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner.
- Answers questions and assists guests and employees.
- Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations.
- Patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
- Answering phones, greeting guests and employees
- Monitoring closed circuit television systems and alarms.
- Functions in uncommon situations.
- Has a basic understanding of stress response and methods to ensure personal well being.
- Understands basic medical-legal principles.
- Functions within the scope of care defined by state, regional and local regulatory agencies.
- Officers report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites.
- Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
- You may be required to take additional certification training, such as becoming certified to carry OC sprays, drive bicycles, operate Segway's, etc.
- Opening and maintaining an airway.
- Ventilating patients.
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation, including use of automated external defibrillator's.
- Providing prehospital emergency medical care of simple and multiple system trauma such as: Controlling hemorrhage,Treatment of Shock(hyper-fusion) bandaging wounds, immobilization of painful,swollen or deformed extremities. Immobilization of painful, swollen or deformed neck or spine.
- Providing emergency medical care to: Assist in emergency childbirth.Manage general medical complaints of altered mental status, respiratory, cardiac, diabetic, allergic reaction, seizures, poisoning, behavioral emergencies, environmental emergencies and psychological crises.
- Searching for medical identification emblems as a guide to appropriate emergency medical care.
- Assisting patients with prescribed medications, including sub-lingual nitroglycerin, epinephrine auto-injectors and hand-held aerosol inhalers.
- Administration of oxygen and oral glucose.
- Reassuring patients and bystanders by working in a confident, efficient manner.
- Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience is beneficial
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Successful completion of AlliedBarton's Master Security Officers Basic (Level 1) Course.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
- Current California Certified EMT (with experience preferred).
- Currently AHA First Aid/CPR for Healthcare provider certified
Closing: AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiate AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture helps our employees grow personally and professionally.
Are you daring enough to be a leader who sees challenges as an adventure? Embark upon an exciting career journey and Dare to be GREAT
! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us!
For additional information, please visit our website at www.AlliedBarton.com .
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Requisition ID: 2016-96990
A little about us:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.