HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine
. The Ambulatory Surgery Division float pool provides staffing to 12 ambulatory surgery centers, 2 Urology surgery centers and 4 endoscopy centers across the Denver metro area. Surgeries performed at the multi-specialty centers include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry, spine and orthopedics. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call
will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team! The Float Pool Patient Care Tech will rotate to the Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. The Float Pool Patient Care Tech performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery. OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in the transfer, positioning, and transport of patients.
- Assists with turning over operating rooms between cases
- Cleans rooms between cases (e.g., dusts shelves and countertops, removes linens and places in bag for daily pickup, removes garbage from operating room and recovery room)
- Performs terminal cleaning of surgical area.
- Maintains sufficient supply levels and orderliness of all equipment and supplies:
- Familiar with location of equipment and supplies
- Assist with restocking and ordering of supplies.
- Distributes clean linen and scrubs to all appropriate areas
- Stocks scrub brushes, antimicrobial hand washing solution, and surgical supplies
- Keeps caps, masks, and shoe covers stocked
- Keeps the warmer stocked with blankets (as applicable)
- Keeps scrub sinks clean and free of debris
- Adequate supply of paper towels, toilet paper, and soap for all bathrooms and sink areas.
- Assists patients with urinals, bedpans, and emesis basins
- Performs general delivery service for the facility that (may include transporting specimens) and runs errands as needed
- Keeps kitchen clean
- Assist with keeping waiting areas, lobbies, utility rooms, and patient care areas safe and clean for patients, visitors, and staff.
- Keeps hallway free of clutter
- Checks/empties sharps containers throughout facility
- Cleans and remakes stretchers/OR tables.
- Assist in monitoring and recording in environmental and equipment log.
- Answers phones.
- Assist with computer data entry as needed.
- Uses equipment in safe and effective manner; reporting repairs to appropriate person.
- Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
- Assist in sterile processing, as needed.
- Reduces hazards/risks, prevents accidents/injuries and maintains safe conditions in workplace.
Must meet basic reading, writing, and comprehension requirements EXPERIENCE:
One year patient care assistant, nursing assistant, or environmental services experience in a healthcare setting (preferred). CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
Nursing Assistant Certification or EMT Certification. Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom