Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description:
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. JOB SUMMARY:
The EVS Floor Care Technician works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties:
Qualifications: POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provides cleaning services and tile/carpet floor maintenance with consideration of patients, their family and friends, with regard to their personal dignity and respect for their values.
- Performs environmental tasks dealing with adherence to infection control policies and procedures to maintain a clean and safe patient environment.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of patient's room as well as cleaning discharged rooms in a timely manner for incoming admissions.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining non-patient areas, offices, common areas, hallways, and common area rest rooms.
- Responsible for proper handling of all chemicals as well as following proper infection control policies and proper PPE use.
- Ensures patient rooms and physical hospital flooring is cleaned and maintained in an efficient, safe, and timely manner, Ensures equipment is in working order, ensures preventive maintenance is completed on equipment .
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years' experience providing environmental services in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Ability to read, write and converse in English required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Adaptability - Effectively adapts to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Energy - Maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary;
- Empathy - Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing stress and loss to reduce tension
- Stress Tolerance - Maintains stable performance under pressure Communication - Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
- Customer Engagement - Able to effectively engage with patients and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation for cleanliness during their stay
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom