Job 08385-18880 Nutritional Services Assistant
PRN/Per Diem About Regional Medical Center of San Jose
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is a 247 bed hospital with a Level II Trauma Center . The hospital provides a host of technologically-advanced services including Cardiovascular , Neuro , Orthopedic , Bariatric and General Surgery, Interventional Pulmonology , along with multi-organ Cancer Care , and services for Women and Children .
Regional holds Joint Commission advanced certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Get with the Guidelines- Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. It is a certified Chest Pain Center , county-designated STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center, ACoS accredited Community Cancer Center, designated Lung Cancer Screening Center, a member of Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ECMO) and is certified by The Joint Commission in Sepsis care. Regional is a recipient of Healthgrades 2015 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellenc e . The hospital has also been recognized by U.S. News and World Report and The Joint Commission as a top performing hospital. The Food Service team is dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services at San Jose Regional Medical Center. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now. Schedule:
PRN/Per Diem (As Needed)
Internal Posting Period: 10/30/17 to 11/6/17
The Food and Nutrition Services Assistant performs a variety of tasks that facilitate the provision of food services and nutrition support to patients, employees and visitors. These duties include:
- Performs routine duties related to preparation and serving of food.
- Prepares food for cooking by washing, peeling, shredding, slicing, and mixing various food items.
- Operates dishwasher or assists with washing/sterilizing dishes, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- Cleans kitchen work areas, collects and disposes of garbage.
- May assist with food stocking.
- Serves food in cafeteria for visitors and staff and in patients' room following dietary, sanitary and safety guidelines.
- Clears patients' dirty trays and works in dish room when needed.
- Works on patient tray assembly line following menu directives for determining food items for each tray.
- Delivers food trays to patient areas.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 6 months food service experience preferred, previous experience in hospital food services preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom