The Medical Center of Aurora is Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn a Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence. This hospital has received multiple awards and or certifications for Primary Stroke, and Chest Pain. TMCA was ranked as a #4 hospital in the Denver Metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in US News & World Report's 2014-2015 Best Hospital Rankings. TMCA is a Level II Trauma Center and a Level III NICU. TMCA is also an Emergency Nurse Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016, State of the art Heart Care Tower, Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from America College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children's affiliation, and an affiliate of HealthOne, Denver's largest healthcare center.
- This position supports the mission of Medical Center of Aurora in optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Food Service Lead serves as one of the primary representative in the daily operation of the department. The responsibilities include providing direction and guidance to ensure quality food, supervising staff, development of personnel in the food services areas, monitoring compliance of policies and procedures, and maintaining effective communications with other departmental managers and interdepartmental liaisons. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Medical Center of Aurora expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
- Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: None.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum of two years supervisory experience in Food Service preferred.
- Special Qualifications: Able to perform simple arithmetic. Able to work in a quick-paced, customer service environment. Must show good judgment and reliability. Must be able to perform multiple tasks as the same time. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must possess strong planning, organization, managing, time management and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work effectively under pressure to meet established goals and objectives. Must demonstrate personal and professional integrity.
- Degree of supervision required: Involves general guidance and direction by the Director of Food & Nutrition Services. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Ages of Patients Served: This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to standards. (The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom