Presbyterian/ St. Luke's Medical Center provides the most advanced care for patients from across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. PSL has over 80 specialties and 1,000 specialists and primary care physicians. Three year accreditation with Commendation from Commission on Cancer (CoC), and Joint Commission Accreditation. PSL has a Foundation for Accreditation of Cellular Therapy for the Rocky Mountain Blood and Marrow Transplant Program. American College of Surgeons Survey of the Cancer Program, American Society of Bariatric, and Weight Loss Surgery of Excellence Certification, American Association of Blood Banks.
This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke's Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. Under the general supervision of the Food Service Supervisor, the Work Leader performs a variety of routine duties in the patient and retail services. Duties include room service operator, tray assembly and delivery, simple food preparation, washing pots and pans, catering, cashier and other assigned duties in the kitchen. The Work Leader will be proficient at all job duties and positions. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ability to perform and understand entry level tasks of at least three areas within food service. Performs three or more entry level position tasks including working Patient tray line assembling patient food trays accurately and safely according to standards, Delivering patients trays to the bed side in a timely manner with focus on customer service. Working in the dish room washing and correctly putting away dishes, Be at work and be on time, Follow company policies, procedures and directives. Interact in a positive and constructive manner. Be able to prioritize and multitask .
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
- Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: None.
- Experience: Six months Food Service experience in healthcare, hotel, or hospitality service preferred.
- Special Qualifications: Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must show good judgment and reliability. Must show excellent customer service skills.
- Degree of supervision required: Involves general guidance and direction by the Supervisor on duty, Clinical Nutrition Manager or as needed by, the Director of Food & Nutrition Services. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Ages of Patients Served: This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to standards. (The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom