At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Focus Factory Leader for the Safety & Graphics Business Group located in Red Wing, MN. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Focus Factory Lead will lead the focus factory and have extended value stream responsibilities and support of the Fall Protection business for Soft Goods within the Red Wing facility. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and executes strategic operational plan by aligning engineering projects and activities with customer needs and division level goals
- Manages capital expenditure discussions within responsible areas to maintain long term sustainability and to implement productivity and technology improvements
- Supports EHS, Lean Six Sigma, Disruptive Technology and other plant wide initiatives that are critical for plant operations
- Ensure that goals of the customer are met by aligning daily production efforts of Soft Goods area with customer needs
- Member of Red Wing Plant Leadership Team
- Drive Improvement in the VS
- Initiate, assign and execute projects in order to improve safety, service, quality, and cost. Drive continuous improvement through principle based leadership and VS engagement in Tier process and beyond
- Champion LSS and GB/BB projects - prioritize, provide resources, remove barriers
- Effective interaction with the business and sales teams
- New Product Introduction scale-up and launch
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a leadership and/or supervisory role
- Previous production or value stream/product management experience
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Understanding of Shingo principles and/or principle based leadership
- Influence that can drive others to make/accept change
: Red Wing, MNTravel:
May include up to 10%Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.