Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Hofliger Foil Operator (1 of 2) to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
The Global Surgery Group is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Biosurgery, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Cordis, Mentor and Sterilmed. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
The Hofliger Foil Operator is responsible for:
• Demonstrating mechanical/technical aptitude.
• Provide limited mechanical support for machines to include minor adjustments and troubleshooting.
• Make adjustments, based on information generated by the Vision system, to machine through computer terminal.
• Operates machine and verifies that the machine(s) are running within proper process parameters.
• Corrects minor set-up problems, diagnoses minor mechanical problems and makes mechanical adjustments as necessary; changes suction cups, etc.
• Resolves problems associated with recurring jams and other mechanical problems.
• Raw material handling and the upkeep of associated floor stock and inventory control.
• Ensures departmental practices, work areas, and equipment is kept in a safe and orderly fashion.
• Responsible for processing products through the foil machines as per the process specifications.
• Focusing on ensuring maximum efficiency from machine, ensuring maximum machine utilization, and ensuring minimum departmental non-productive time.
• Daily, weekly, and/or monthly reporting of all department operations.
• Must be able to support 24 hour, 7 day a week manufacturing operation, with the ability to work 12-hour shifts.
• Associates are held accountable for production efficiencies, strict compliance with process specifications, and company standards of behavior.
This position is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment.Qualifications
• A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
• A minimum of 1 year of related experience in a manufacturing or related environment is required.
• Experience working in a Medical Device manufacturing environment preferred.
• Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other regulated environment preferred.
• Must be able to work 12 hour night rotational shift (6:30pm – 6:30am) which will include alternating weekends.
• The ability to work occasional overtime, weekends and some holidays as needed by business is required.
• A passing score on a WorkKeys assessment is required.Primary Location
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.