Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
The Food & Beverage Director is responsible for planning and managing food service across the entire campus. In conjunction with direct reports, develop strategic operations plans aligned with the client's mission, vision, and objectives to include sustainable practices while balancing the fiscal constraints of the operation. Responsibilities:
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Establish and maintain food production systems (PRIMA) and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving of food related products.
- Responsible for menu planning and development.
- Ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and food safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Develop operational component forecasts; monitor expenses and reports all variances.
- Responsible for component's budgeting and accounting functions.
- Conduct period inventory.
- Coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, and labor management.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and retain front line team.
- Provide Student, Client, Employee, and Community Advocacy.
- Drive customer service and employee engagement through effective use of customer and employee engagement surveys.
- Maintain records to comply with Aramark, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Interact with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels within the client organization.
- Develop annual marketing plan for account.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth and client retention.
- Identify vertical sales growth opportunities and communicates with appropriate subject matter experts.
- Ideal candidates will possess a minimum of 5 years multi-unit experience in dining, retail and or catering operations exceeding $ 4M in sales.
- Previous experience within the Hospitality industry preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years primary financial accountability with a direct reporting relationship to clients and senior executives is required.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing tools to increase top and bottom line as well as strong communication skills.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.