Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for maintaining a positive customer experience that follows the Aramark Mission, generating sales, housekeeping, pricing, cash register operations (POS), inventory management, alcohol compliance, food safety and loss prevention in adherence to all Company Policy standards. Partner with the management team to assist with staff scheduling, development, and any other assigned operations support. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment that includes greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining the standards, product knowledge, and all other components of customer service
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, promotions, and current advertisements
- Actively seek new ways to improve metrics by partnering with the Manager and Supervisors.
- Partner with management team to learn and understand all leadership processes and procedures
- Demonstrate leadership through initiative and delegation of task between sales and leadership team
- Assist set up and break down of events
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and accountabilities at POS registers. Conducts preliminary investigation and communicates any variances.
- Complete all closing and/or opening procedures to company standards;
- Take full responsibility and ownership of having a key present during all scheduled shifts
- Maintains and inventories all product in preparation of inventory ordering.
- Liquor room maintenance and management to include storage and equipment organization.
- Ensures all equipment is operational and functional.
- Continued alcohol compliance and customer service training, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and Aramark alcohol policies.
- Comply with the Company's Time and Attendance policy and procedures
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, employees, corporate partners and vendors
- Demonstrate high level of quality of work, attendance and appearance
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adhere to local, state and federal employment laws
- Work nights and varied hours/days to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Any additional duties assigned by Management
Partners with the F&B Manager and Supervisors to lead, guide and coach the staff to accomplish common goals
Timely communication of inventory, cash handling, safety and customer matters Additional Job Functions:
Cross-train at other positions in the location
Work at other stations and in other departments as necessary
Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team. Work Environment
Front-of-house and/or back-of-house
Occasionally inside kitchen area and or dish room; including interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions. Equipment Used:
Credit Card Machine
All Kitchen Equipment Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
Up to 100 pounds of lifting of kegs are necessary Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- At least one year of supervisory experience in a bar or restaurant preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Must be able to understand safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Successful completion of the Aramark Hourly Food Handlers training within the first 30 days of employment
- Must be willing to follow all Aramark Safety Standards
Experience in food service industry
Courtesy and tact in dealing with guests, co-workers, as well as others in the college community