Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
Coordinates activities of all Asilomar Food and Beverage service staff while assisting in all service staff tasks. Essential Tasks:
- Responsible for coordination, set up, service, and cleanup of dining room and/or group functions/special events in accordance with ARAMARK standards and safety and sanitation policies.
- Manages front of the house and back of the house events and staff.
- Provides constant, consistent supervision and direction of dining room servers, CSAs, and Nook person, all conference and breakout rooms. Works with kitchen staff to coordinate food service.
- Insures accurate room sets, room turns, breakdowns, and re-sets. Works with the Dining Room and CSA staff when necessary to complete work in a timely manner.
- Insures timeliness of meal/break service in Dining Room and all meeting rooms. Works with the staff when necessary to complete all set up and food service in an appropriate manner.
- Works closely with meeting planners and registrars to insure high guest satisfaction.
- Works closely with group sales to insure excellent site tours and to assist in the contracting of Groups.
- Conducts daily shift meetings to disseminate information and to communicate objectives and assignments.
- Oversees and is responsible for cash handling such as bars, POS systems, etc.
- Assists in controlling portions for all events and Dining Room meals. Insures accurate billing of all events.
- Ensures that all work areas are cleaned/sanitized/orderly immediately upon completion of a service event and that all service wares are properly stored and accounted for.
- Completes daily reports, consumption reports, and copiously documents incidents and event details.
- Assist in the day-to-day maintenance of accurate inventory and inventory controls of the F&B Department. Maintains daily perpetual.
- From time to time, assist in the pre and post event inventories.
- Sets standard of excellence while being willing and able to fill in for a variety of roles including bartender, server, CSA, etc. Assists in training to improve service levels.
- Promotes and maintains the F&B uniform standards.
- Ensures that equipment during the day/event are properly stored and stowed away.
- Coordinates the day-to-day menus and stand designs.
- Assumes additional tasks at the direction of management.
- Communicates effectively with group planners and registrars on a frequent basis to ensure the expectations of the guest are being exceeded; able to maintain calm and clarity in dealing with potential conflicts. Able to communicate effectively with Front Desk, Security, and Maintenance to insure a high level of service.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- Monitors employee schedules. Inventories china, glass, silver, and linen and keeps it secure.
- Assists security team in controlling evening events to insure a high level of service and safety.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training and/or pre-shift meetings.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per year to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department's environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance
- Able to work any shifts/days based on the needs of the business, including overtime.
- Strong communication skills in dealing with guests and an approachable and friendly demeanor.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; capacity to learn key programs such as Delphi and SMS.
- Strong "on the spot" supervisory skills to lead teams to deliver quality service under tight deadline pressure.
- Must be able to read, write, and fluently speak English.
- Must be extremely dependable and team player.
- Must hold a valid CA driver's license and be able to pass ARAMARK driver training. Must be willing and able to operate a vehicle/transport equipment on a daily basis. Must pass TIPS training.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) of clients, banquet staff, and other employees. Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Previous experience involving banquet style functions desirable. Must be able to deal with students/guests courteously and efficiently.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.