PRN Schedule (hours vary)
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, bone marrow transplant, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We deeply value our staff and our patients. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community in being ranked No. 1 in the Express - News Reader's Choice Awards from 2009-2013. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
General Statement of Duties:
Assists workers engaged in preparing foods and beverages for one or more food service outlets by cleaning work areas, equipment, and utensils, assisting in food preparation, set up, and service, and collection/removal of garbage and trash. Serves a range of hot and cold food items.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates the correct operation and cleaning of the Dish machine. Completes the dish room operation in a timely manner.
2. Demonstrates appropriate pot and pan washing, sanitizing, and drying when utilizing a three- compartment sink. Organizes and replaces service ware to appropriate location.
3. Cleans and maintains work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and removes garbage/trash from designated containers to the outside dumpster .
4. Understands basic diet restrictions as applied to late tray operations, and adheres to established procedure to meet the diet restrictions, and delivers the late trays in a timely manner.
5. Delivers/retrieves food carts to/from patient units in a timely manner while adhering to established. procedures.
6. Checks and records dish machine temperatures at specified times, and check for appropriate sanitizer in sanitizing solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics (KSAOs) Minimum Education and Experience:
Minimum License and Certificates Required: Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom