Work Schedule: FT Days, rotating weekends
Under the supervision of the Director, Food & Nutrition Services, the Nutrition Assistant performs non-professional nutrition functions as assigned to ensure the adequate provision of patient meals, and performs other in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of normal and therapeutic nutrition as it pertains to the appropriate age group.
- Accepts responsibility for provision and delivery of patient meals.
- Provides and maintains menus and required diet office reports.
- Demonstrates desirable work habits.
- Performs other duties as required/directed.
- One year's prior health care facility experience
- Six months' prior experience in nutrition office setting in a facility with a predominant population of adult and geriatric patients.
- Ability to speak English.
- Ability to read and write.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Food Handler's Permit required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom