Food and Nutrition Services: Nutrition Care Assistant - PRN Overland Park Regional Medical Center
is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued. Overland Park Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for a Food and Nutrition Services - Nutrition Car. Position Summary
Qualifications: Minimum Requirements :
- Under close supervision of the Patient Service Manager and or Chef the employee could work many positions depending were the need is.
- They will prepare patient tray for accuracy, process patient diet orders from nursing, compiles and tabulates menus for tray line and production, delivers trays and nourishment's to patients, assists patients with menu selection, answers telephone and records information on appropriate forms to assure compliance.
- Assembles nourishments and floor stock in order to maintain unit kitchens per established par levels.
- Works closely with staff to check modified diets. Also other duties could include washes and sanitizes dishes, small and large equipment, pots and pans.
- Remove waste from department.
- Sweeps and mops all floors in kitchen and cafeteria.
- C ould be cross trained to be a cashier and if is make sure they go through training on proper cash and change transaction.
- Stocks condiments and beverage stations adequately and cleans cafeteria thoroughly.
- Could be cross-trained in any other area and position within the kitchen. Responsible for any other tasks assigned by a manager and or lead supervisor.
Education : Post high school course or equivalent related to therapeutic diets preferred.
Licensure/ Certifications : Ability to read and write; able to meet time standards; ability to be trained and follow directions. Must be able to use discretion in handling confidential information. Basic knowledge of modified diets preferred. Good interpersonal skills required in order to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and provide service in a friendly manner.
Experience : Minimum of six months in a hospital food service operation preferred. Customer service work and computer experience desirable.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom