Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Job Summary
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and portion food items in accordance with production requirements.
- Uses daily worksheets and standardized recipes to cook meals.
- Perform various duties in accordance with Aramark sanitation standards.
- Prep worker - grab and go items - Timeliness is crucial.
- Seasonal full and part time positions are available - No nights, but weekends are required.
- Prepare all food items according to recipe cards and prep lists according to Aramark standards.
- Adhere to proper food handling and record procedures.
- Maintain proper rotation of food to assure top quality and freshness.
- Collect leftovers, cover, label, and properly store according to Aramark standards.
- Maintain clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas.
- Make sure the stations are properly cleaned, sanitized, and organized at the end of the shift (including cleaning of kitchen equipment, floors and removal of trash).
- Communicate with Food and Beverage team if product is lacking in usability or is running low.
- Ensure that all kitchen tools, keys and equipment are returned to their designated secure area.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment that conforms to all standards and regulations.
- Adhere to safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
- Completes all required training.
- No nights but weekends required.
- Flexible Hours.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned including assisting as needed with catering events after standard operating hours.
- High School education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum one-year prep work or food service related work preferred.
- Knowledge of food prep, proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation is helpful
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to stand for up to 6 hours.