Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity. Position Description:
Responsible for management of single unit food production to include all food production processes and systems Scope of Role:
Level of impact is within own operation. Operations vary in size, but generally have one full size kitchen. Total managed volume is $1M-$10M.Generally manages 5-20 employees. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of production employees in order to prepare and deliver finished food product to a serving area for consumption.
- Responsible for purchasing, receiving, and managing food production activities.
- Directly supervise two or more employees with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and compensation increases.
- Maintain food production records, and plan and cost menus.
- Ensures appropriate sanitation standards and requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring procedural compliance in support of workplace safety.
- Responsible for inventory control for all food production resources.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments and participate in management team meetings.
- Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Responsible for all aspects of employee training to food production standards and processes.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with brand standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met in kitchen.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (and/or requisite industry and management experience).
- 2+ years basic food productionexperience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- ServSafecertification required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.