The Food Safety Administrator provides leadership to develop, implement, maintain and proactively improve quality management programs, methods and systems to assure product, processes, and environments conform to the established Frito-Lay quality standards. The Food Safety Administrator proactively identifies changes to quality systems to minimize quality and/or food safety risks to the business, and maintains strong preventative programs. The position acts as a technical resource for interpretation and ongoing application of quality standards. The position provides an ongoing organizational resource to audit and report all quality information and measurement data, including input from customers, consumers and regulatory agencies. The job involves training, auditing, problem-solving and assuring corrective actions are properly implemented. This position requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills to support plant and industry objectives. Key Responsibilities:
- Daily review and verification of Food Safety data
- Communicate with Operations Staff on product quality, food safety, or regulatory conditions which may have a negative impact on product, and work collaboratively to correct the situation
- Maintain and report non-conforming product, and assure its proper disposition and documentation.
- Actively work towards productivity, quality and food safety improvements (ex. Staffing outages, customer feedback, and FSMA regulation changes).
- Implement and maintain quality systems to drive continuous improvements (i.e. FSM, AIB, FDA, F22K, QSHA, HACCP, GMP's, ASHA, Frito-Lay's Global standards, etc.)
- Oversee effectiveness of audits for compliance to specification
- Implement and maintain programs to trend, report and address consumer and customer feedback information
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Quality & Food Safety Manager
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills. Strong questioning and probing skills to discover issues and to verify the accuracy of information, results and data
- Working knowledge of computer software including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, influence, negotiate, motivate and lead a cross-functional quality support team
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize own workload
- Ability to make timely, consistent and well balanced decisions
- Presentation skills for delivering training programs and Q&FS program reviews to a wide variety of audiences
- Flexibility to adapt to regularly changing priorities and quality issues
- Ability to handle sensitive information
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.