BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Safety & Food Quality Manager manages quality assurance programs and leads a team of Food & Safety specialists to support and train club team members on safety, food and regulatory standards. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop a team of Regional Food & Safety Specialists to implement safety programs and validate executional excellence.
- Train and support your team, as well as club team members, on safety, regulatory and food safety standards to comply with OSHA, EPA, FDA & USDA regulations.
- Conduct and oversee Safety & Food Safety audits, and support the clubs with incidents that affect safety, such as power and refrigeration outages, regulatory violations, etc.
- Identify opportunities to enhance safety and regulatory compliance and provide guidance on long term solutions.
- Partner closely with business partners and build relationships to continuously improve the safety and quality of our work environment, products and shopping experience.
- Establish a reputation of credibility and responsiveness in your regions.
- Communicate effectively with regulatory authorities, vendors, home office and field team members.
- Support clubs with any emergencies, which may occur outside of normal business hours.
- Remain current and educate your team on industry standards and changes in safety and food quality regulations.
- B.S. in Occupational Health and Safety, Food Science, or another Biological Science degree.
- 5+ years of Food Quality Assurance and/or Safety experience in retail, food service, or as a public health officer.
- Proven leadership capabilities and experience managing and developing remote teams.
- Certified Professional in Food Safety and/or an OSHA Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations and industry best practices related to safety and food quality assurance.
- Ability to build partnerships and work towards common goals.
- Detailed oriented and proficient with coordinating multiple priorities in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
- 20% overnight travel required.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
“For those whose hearts are bigger than their budgets, BJ’s makes it possible to live generously”