Food Safety Coordinator
Posted: February 07, 2017
Reference ID: 110636BR
This role will provide daily support to the Food Safety Team while also maintaining and updating all documentation required for the new FSSC22000 regulations. In addition this role will be responsible for scheduling meetings and providing training to the site on all necessary food safety topics. Incumbent will also display visible leadership executing all food safety protocols for all departments at the site (Warehouse and Manufacturing).
JOB REQUIREMENTS/ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Ø Provide day-to-day administrative support to Food Safety Manager and Team
Ø Research, review, and update food safety regulations and guidelines
Ø Extensive and detailed document control management
Ø Plan and coordinate internal audits and reviews
Ø Visible leadership in driving food safety audit compliance
Ø Creates reports detailing current performance. Ensures:
o Action plans to address gaps are tracked.
o Follow up / post audits occur to validate action plan completion
o Ensures timely review of plan / models with appropriate Resource, BUL and Leadership Team members.
Ø Scheduling meetings, events, and daily activities
Ø Manage Food Safety and training compliance tracking process
Ø Provide training to employees in all departments
Ø Assist with other audited programs(Environmental, QSHA, etc.) as directed
Ø Follow-up on open items
Ø This role will effectively plan our food safety calendar for the period/year, ensuring that all programs are continually in compliance and will limit last minute pushes to complete documentation which drive up overtime and cost.
- Analyzes training compliance and schedules appropriate training to improve. Training compliance can impact several different audit scores for the plant.
- Audits departments for food safety issues and works with maintenance and production to resolve any issues quickly.
- They will be creating a document control process from scratch in order to organize a lot of data that is currently spread out across multiple areas of the plant. This will help improve the efficiency of our processes.
- Analyzing recent audit scores and deciding on actions to resolve any noted outages. This will directly impact future audit scores and also plant rankings and GPA.
- Plans or assigns work, approves work, coaches/develops employees. Work for this position will be reviewed weekly with the Food Safety BUL. Monthly checks with the Leadership Team will occur during the first year of the role to ensure appropriate movement toward goals. After the 1 st year montly reviews with the Maintenance and Engineering Director will occur. Other periodic reviews will be held with the Quality, Maintenance, and Manufacturing BUL's throughout the year.
- Interacts with Resources and BUL's daily to ensure accurate data is being reported for each department.
-Interacts with Food Safety BUL for weekly updates.
-Interacts with Manufacturing and Maintenance BUL's as needed based on department compliance.
-Interacts with Maintenance/Engineering Director for monthly updates
-Interacts with the balance of the Leadership Team(LD&T Director, MFG Director, Planning Manager) for monthly updates during 1 st year of position.
- Strong leadership skills, people and business, are highly preferred.
- Good analytical skills and organizational skills, must be able to accept feedback from all levels.
- Highly advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point, including the ability to produce complex charts.
- Highly organized in document control (document naming, revision and storage)
- Strong sense of urgency and outstanding prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision, and meet tight deadlines.
- File organization.
- High school diploma, some college preferred.
- Ability to work flex hours.
- Broad skill, experience, and knowledge of functional operations, organization, policies, and procedures.
- Proven ability to handle advanced confidential administrative duties .
Ø Some food safety or sanitation experience or certification preferred
Ø FSSC22000 experience a plus
Not Eligible for Relocation