Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
Position will be responsible for serving as a technical support to the S&RC department and the organization concerning food safety exposures. Individual will support Safety & Risk Control to identify current state in the area of food safety and support the development and field implementation of Aramark policies, programs and standards. Individual will be responsible for supporting the development of department goals to drive continuous improvement and minimize exposure in the area of compliance as it relates to food safety from farm to fork. Essential Functions:
Technical support to the S&RC department and the organization concerning food safety exposures.
- Support the development of Aramark's food safety standards, procedures, enabling tools and training programs.
- Work with the Lines of Business (LOBs) to provide food safety support and assist the food safety team with alleged foodborne illness outbreaks, resolution of notices of violations, or other food safety matters.
- Support the management of 3 rd party food safety audit program for the organization.
- Support and/or participate in Aramark SAFE visits in partnership with other safety & risk control specialists.
- Assess training needs associated with food safety, support development of structured training programs and provide training on safe food handling practices during key account openings.
- Support the development and implementation of a supplier compliance program for food safety.
- Interact with both the internal and external Food Safety communities, building strong relationships with local Departments of Health and other groups relevant to food safety and identify opportunities to externally present Aramark's food safety program.
- Provide support during contract review of new and existing business to identify food safety risks associated with scope of work.
- Provide field support for Aramark SAFE activities, if needed, during large scale sporting events and large scale new account openings.
Individual will have a direct reporting line to Director - Food Safety. Must possess excellent communication, influencing and consultative skills with demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships. Individual must be client focused and technically proficient in the field of microbiology/food sciences. Individual must be a team player, field focused and able to collaboratively work with available resources to bring optimal solutions to address diverse client needs.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in biology, microbiology, food science or other food related field.
- 0 to 4 years professional experience in food safety required.
- Diverse background/experience in addressing all types of food safety exposures and a proven track record of developing and implementing sound food safety management programs.
- An understanding of food safety best practices (FDA Food Code) and Department of Health and local food safety regulations is also required.
- Knowledgeable of ISO 22000 principles (to serve global clients) is desirable.