Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Position will be responsible for serving as a technical support to the S&RC department and the organization concerning food safety exposures. Individual will support Safety & Risk Control to identify current state in the area of food safety and support the development and field implementation of Aramark policies, programs and standards. Individual will be responsible for supporting the development of department goals to drive continuous improvement and minimize exposure in the area of compliance as it relates to food safety from farm to fork.
Technical support to the S&RC department and the organization concerning food safety exposures.
- Help Coach and Lead staff in accordance with facility and Aramark standards
- Work closely with Aramark Safety & Risk Control, Aramark District Manager, Location General Managers, and Clients to review, implement and enforce Aramark's SAFE Commitment
- Assist supported locations, site based management teams to effectively execute against safety standards and requirements
- Assure highest levels of Guest Service and Quality Control for all supported events
- Maintain working relationship with local and regional compliance and regulatory authorities (Local / County Health, etc.)
- Coordinate and Support District Safety Meeting / Committee Structure
- Conduct internal work safety and food safety assessments; follow-up with corrective actions resulting from assessments by external agencies.
- Work as the leader of supported team to provide high quality guest experience.
- Ensure the location has the current Aramark safety standards and procedure documentation in place.
- Verify the implementation and execution of Aramark safety standards and procedures
- Accompany Health Department / Regulatory Inspectors during on-site inspections and respond to regulatory non-compliance and to the best of ability - mitigate or limit any future inspection violations.
- Effectively manage internal and external corrective action processes to comply with regulatory requirements to identify cause, address problems, restore control, evaluate and monitor processes, modify procedures or improve the overall safety system approach, and prevent recurrences.
Individual will have a direct reporting line to Director - Food Safety. Must possess excellent communication, influencing and consultative skills with demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships. Individual must be client focused and technically proficient in the field of microbiology/food sciences. Individual must be a team player, field focused and able to collaboratively work with available resources to bring optimal solutions to address diverse client needs.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Bachelor's degree required - Safety & Health, Business Administration, or Public Health Degree Preferred
- 2+ years of occupational and/ or food safety experience (NYC Health Department experience highly desired)
- Certified ServSafe Instructor is preferred or ability to obtain certification within first 6 months of employment
- Flexibility to work within a dynamic work environment and a matrix style reporting structure
- Excellence Communication skills - verbal and written.
- Computer essentials; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Possesses Strong Coaching, Influencing & Negotiating skills.
- Comfortable in providing training and coaching to both management and hourly employees.
- Ability to proactively assess location food and occupational needs, assist in finding solutions to needs in conjunction with operational team
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Previous management/training experience required.
- Previous occupational, food, and/or culinary experience in a high volume venue or health or regulatory department preferred
- Candidate must be willing to work event based hours - including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.