Food Service Associate - Part-time Mixed Shift w/Weekend Rotation
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posted: October 13, 2017
Reference ID: 25067-56208
St. David's Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David's HealthCare , one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David's Georgetown Hospital offers a range of services, including a 24-hour emergency department with a level IV trauma center; Certified Primary Stroke Center; Certified Chest Pain Center; inpatient and outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary intervention; critical care capabilities; acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation; and maternity and newborn services with mother-baby couplet care close to home for Georgetown families. In conjunction with its parent campus, St. David's Medical Center , Healthgrades awarded St. David's Georgetown Hospital the 2016 America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™, 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ and the 2016 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™-a unique trio of awards that only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve-as well as the 2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence. Additionally, St. David's Georgetown Hospital was named to the list of 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for four years in conjunction with its parent campus, and the facility earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group from 2012 to 2016.
Responsible for meal service in employee cafeteria. Sets up and maintains salad bar and entrees, collects money, breaks down steam table after meal hours. Prepares deposits.
- Accessing computer system for current diets.
- Write up House Diet Meal orders; Count and record all types of diets.
- Take Room Service Orders, and set up and deliver out patient trays as requested. Take late trays and extra food items to designated floor.
- Prepares all beverages and surgical liquid diets.
- Check that the sugar, sugar substitute, salt and pepper are on the right trays and omit from the trays where the diets do not allow these condiments.
- Clean coffee pot and make coffee and tea as needed.
- Dishwashing, including scraping, washing and restocking dishes as needed.
- Clean carts and bag silverware as needed.
- Sweep and mop floors as needed.
- Check refrigerators and replace all food items to par level on all floors.
- In the employee break area, keep tea and coffee stocked and ice machine filled.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Effective communication skills are necessary to effectively deal with hospital personnel and visitors. Must work well independently, be time efficient and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, able to lift 30-40 pounds, have basic math and reading skills and be mentally alert.
Required: Must have at least an eight grade education.
Preferred: High school diploma/GED. Knowledge of cash register operation and
Licenses and Certificates:
Required: Must be able to obtain a Williamson County Health Department Food Handler's Card.