Responsible for meal service in employee cafeteria. Sets up and maintains salad bar and entrees, collects money, breaks down steam table after meal hours. Prepares deposits.
- Accessing computer system for current diets.
- Write up House Diet Meal orders; Count and record all types of diets.
- Take Room Service Orders, and set up and deliver out patient trays as requested. Take late trays and extra food items to designated floor.
- Prepares all beverages and surgical liquid diets.
- Check that the sugar, sugar substitute, salt and pepper are on the right trays and omit from the trays where the diets do not allow these condiments.
- Clean coffee pot and make coffee and tea as needed.
- Dishwashing, including scraping, washing and restocking dishes as needed.
- Clean carts and bag silverware as needed.
- Sweep and mop floors as needed.
- Check refrigerators and replace all food items to par level on all floors.
- In the employee break area, keep tea and coffee stocked and ice machine filled.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Effective communication skills are necessary to effectively deal with hospital personnel and visitors. Must work well independently, be time efficient and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, able to lift 30-40 pounds, have basic math and reading skills and be mentally alert.
Required: Must have at least an eight grade education.
Preferred: High school diploma/GED. Knowledge of cash register operation and
Licenses and Certificates:
Required: Must be able to obtain a Williamson County Health Department Food Handler's Card.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom