Contributes to patient/customer satisfaction and ensures accurately prepared meals by:
- Visiting, interviewing and documenting assigned patient food preferences within 24 hours of diet order.
- Prepares all patient menus according to prescribed diet with audit results of 95% accuracy.
- Maintains and updates cardex files on all patients, listing pertinent patient identification information, prescribed diet etc.
- Ensure pattern cards are perpared for patients with diabetes ot renal disease based upon patient's normal eating habits and through consulting/ conferring with the dietitians.
- Maintains effective communication with patient and family. Ensures patients are informed of additional food item availability.
- Maintains proactive and effective communication with dietary team; communicates patient nutritional and food service concerns to the dietician and or manager as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or an unanticipated outcome in the patient's care, which results in patient harm.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to modified diets preferred.
- 1-2 years experience as a Diet Tech strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Strong customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom