Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Oversee and assist in preparation of food items for the day and dating products
- Oversee and assist in setting up and breaking down of stations designated by the manager
- Cook and otherwise prepare foods according to recipes and directions
- Responsible for use of correct portions when preparing and serving items on the line
- Maintain daily temperature logs
- Responsible for taking samples of all food items on the line prior to serving the customers
- Alert management and pull food items that do not meet quality expectations
- Complete opening and closing station checklists
- Greet customers as they approach and leave the serving line
- Ask customers about the quality of their service and handle any complaints (with assistance from the manager on duty) while maintaining a positive attitude and smile
- Oversee and assist in maintaining a clean work station (including floors, work areas, equipment, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks)
- Ensures that all work areas and serving utensils are cleaned and sanitized
- Responsible for proper disposal of waste from the service line
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by cart
- Assist with daily STEP observations and report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
- Cross-train in areas as required by your manager
- Able to work in concessions, catering, and special events required by your manager
- Perform task as requested by your manager on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Oversee and direct the employees working on the line to ensure timely and effective service of the customers. Request support from utility workers for sanitation issues of the line as needed.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Serve Safe Certification
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Food service experience
- High school education or equivalent
Most often works in front-of-house. Requires frequent
lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, loud noise, chemicals and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.