Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark Education provides a complete range of food, facility, uniform and other support services to more than 500 K-12 school districts in the U.S. It offers public and private education institutions a family of dining and facility services including: on-site and off-site breakfast and lunch meal programs, after-school snacks, catering, nutrition education, retail design and operations, maintenance, custodial, grounds, energy management, construction management, and building commissioning. For more information on Aramark's K-12 programs, please visit www.aramarkschools.com .
The Food Service Manager role is a high profile and a key role for leadership in our food service operations. The Food Service Manager will be responsible for the training and development of staff, meeting local and federal government standards, managing food/labor costs and inventory. This professional will work closely with the Food Service Director to ensure the contract is executed and the client is satisfied with the quality of service.
- Interprets and ensures compliance with Aramark policies, procedures and guidelines
- Responsible to manage, motivate, train and support hourly employees located at multiple sites
- Will be responsible for food production and ensuring that the production is timely and the product is high quality
- Ensures conformance with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation and record keeping
- Directs the purchasing, receiving, storing and preparing of food and related products. Ensures appropriate inventory levels, equipment maintenance and sanitation standards
- Establishes and maintains excellent client relations and customer satisfaction
- Ensures consistent and equitable administration of HR policies, procedures and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations.
- Control staffing to operate effectively. Can be responsible for supervision, directing orientation, on-the-job training, in-service training and continuing education programs
- Bachelors degree in business, dietetics, nutrition, or other related areas of study is preferred
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of food service management experience
- Multi-site experience and/or K-12 food service management experience is highly preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships along with a strong sense of food production
- Must be a self-motivated manager able to handle a variety of situations
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability is necessary for success in this role
- Must be proficient in MS Office
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.