Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity. Position Description:
Responsible for the daily operation and management of a unit (or assigned area) which is physically separated from the component's main food production area. Typically is not involved in food production activities but plans, directs and coordinates food service activities in order to deliver a finished food product to the customer. Scope of Role:
Level of impact is one unit or assigned area which varies in size but generally range from between 1 to 5 units. Generally manages 2 -75 Aramark employees with additional student workers. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Assist FSD in establishing & maintaining systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food & related products, as well as menu planning & development.
- Ensure requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Directly supervise two or more employees with responsibility for hiring, coaching, and performance management.
- Assist in location forecast and accounting.
- Conduct period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards.
- Partner with managers from other units to coordinates activities and participates in management team meetings.
- Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Involved in all student and employee advocacy activities.
- Drive customer service and employee engagement.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4 year Bachelor's degree (and/or requisite industry & management experience) with 1-3 years experience in foodservice operations; restaurant, retail food outlet, food court, etc.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Knowledge of accounting, staffing & scheduling, sanitation and safety is required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.