Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Aramark Correctional Services
Aramark Correctional Services (ACS) is far and away the leader in outsourced food services within the Corrections industry, preparing well over 1,000,000 meals a day for state, county and city facilities. We are perhaps best known for our food, but to be the leader you need to do more. At ACS, we endeavor to Go Beyond for our clients by helping them solve the unique challenges of the corrections environment. We do this through the development of innovative programs that benefit not only the client, but also the officers, the offenders and the surrounding community. We also Go Beyond for our people by providing a foundation for professional growth and advancement through world-class training and development at every level. ACS maintains an environment that encourages innovative thinking and humble confidence by nurturing and retaining the very best, talented, goal-oriented individuals who recognize the unique opportunities ACS offers. Go Beyond. For You. With You.
About the Position:
As a Food Service Manager, you will be responsible for managing a significant portion of a unit operation as well as assist the Direct Supervisor in establishing and maintaining systems and procedures.
Duties of this position include:
- Coordinate and process the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products
- Execute daily menus for specified location
- Assist in the unit forecast and accounting process
- Ensure the requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met
- Supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control
- Oversee labor scheduling, staffing and employee training
- Conduct inventory and records management audits to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards
- This position supervises inmates
- Other duties as assigned
Employment with Aramark Correctional Services is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of all required pre-employment screening checks. Once an offer of employment is made, applicants will be required to undergo various pre-employment screening checks including, but not limited to, criminal background checks. Criminal background check results are reviewed and analyzed in accordance with applicable law and all appropriate factors are considered, including the nature and gravity of the offense(s), the amount of time that has passed since the commission of the offense(s), the relationship between the offense(s) and the job being sought, operating contract requirements and factors required by state law.
- Ideal candidates possess a minimum of 1 to 3 years relevant experience (years of experience is greater for larger unit assignments).
- Candidate must implement quality control procedures to enhance efficiency in the preparation, presentation and service of food.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and support staff as well as respond effectively to changing demands is a key factor of this job.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-management service experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.