Food Service Worker Aventura Hospital & Medical Center
FTE= 0.001 Facility Description:
Aventura Hospital is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility, providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we have invested $130 million in expanding and renovating the hospital. The new North Patient Tower features 243 private rooms with private baths, the newest technologically advanced patient care equipment, a 28 bed-Emergency Department, 2 new ICU units, the Surgical Services Suite with 10 new oversized operating rooms, a new Main Entrance and much more.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you'll be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
The Food Service Worker is responsible for routine daily tasks related to patient food service. These tasks include, but not limited to; tray assembly, portioning of food; preparation of snacks, tube feedings, and supplements; delivery of floor stock and special items to the units; delivery of patient meal trays into patients rooms. Ensures that all tasks are completed safely, and in strict adherence to Food and Nutrition cleaning /sanitation policies and other related policies and procedures. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
Qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- Process menus correctly by placing appropriate food items on patient trays during meal service.
- Delivers meal trays to patient rooms visually checking identification bracelet and calling patients name with affirmative response. Delivers pediatric trays to nursing station.
- Strips, cleans, and sanitizes patient carts using approved procedures.
- Rinses, washes and sanitizes dishware and utensils according to Board of Health Regulations.
- Sets up and delivers patient late trays within 30 minutes of notification.
- Checks pantries for soiled trays, after meal service and at the end of shift.
- Prepares and delivers patient nourishments based on menu rotation and patient diet.
- Selects appropriate foods for therapeutic diets when preparing patient trays and late trays.
- Controls food portions through the use of appropriate sized utensils and measuring devices.
- Correctly records dish machine and refrigerator temperatures. Reports abnormal temperatures to supervisors to initiate corrective action process
- Cleans, sanitizes and stocks milk and ice cream units daily and as needed.
- Picks up and delivers p.o. supplements from pharmacy, for patients daily.
- Stocks tray line before and after meal service and as needed.
- Cleans all work areas, walls, equipment, and storage areas after use according to departments policy and procedures.
- Checks with supervisor or clinical staff before making menu substitution.
- Maintains a clean self and work area and practices Infection Control (hand washing) for protection of self and patients.
- Uses all necessary food service equipment as needed using proper safety precautions and operation procedures.
- Promptly reports food shortages or potential food shortages to supervisor.
- Follows sanitation procedures when handling utensils and food items 100% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- One year of experience in healthcare food & nutrition services and clerical experience preferred.
- H.S. Diploma/Equivalent preferred
- Adaptability - Effectively adapts to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Energy - Maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary;
- Empathy - Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing stress and loss to reduce tension
- Stress Tolerance - Maintains stable performance under pressure
- Communication - Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
- Customer Engagement - Able to effectively engage with patients and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation for cleanliness during their stay
- Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids.
- Must be able to speak, write, and read in English.
Frequent variation in temperatures may occur walking through the kitchen area or into refrigerator/freezer. Moderate intermittent noise from kitchen equipment. The potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens, body fluids, or other potentially-infectious materials is minimal. Requires the ability to exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom