TriStar Summit Medical Center- Hermitage, TN
TriStar Summit, part of HCA's TriStar Health, is a 200-bed facility accredited by The Joint Commission. Serving the residents of Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties since 1994, TriStar Summit has built a strong reputation for providing quality patient care in a friendly and compassionate setting. TriStar Summit offers a full range of services including emergency, medical, surgical, obstetric, oncology, psychiatric and diagnostic services. With our exceptional medical staff of more than 300 board certified physicians representing 36 specialties, we are committed to being your center of excellence for quality, community-based healthcare. TriStar Summit Medical Center
is currently looking for a Dietary Aide (PRN/As Needed). Responsibilities:
An individual who, after comprehensive training, is qualified to clean items using department equipment, work on the patient tray line, and deliver/retrieve patient tray carts to/from nursing units.
Other Responsibilities may include:
- Performs routine duties related to preparation and serving of food.
- Prepares food for cooking by washing, peeling, shredding, slicing, and mixing various food items.
- Operates dishwasher or assists with washing/sterilizing dishes, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- Cleans kitchen work areas, collects and disposes of garbage.
- May assist with food stocking.
- Serves food in cafeteria for visitors and staff and in patients' room following dietary, sanitary and safety guidelines.
- Clears patients' dirty trays and works in dish room when needed.
- Works on patient tray assembly line following menu directives for determining food items for each tray.
- Delivers food trays to patient areas.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Hospital food service experience preferred.
- Good communication skills required.
- Ability to successfully interact with customers, staff, co-workers, and management at all levels.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom