Parkridge Medical Center - Chattanooga, TN Parkridge Medical Center
has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopaedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga's best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area's most knowle
dgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters. Parkridge
is currently looking for a Food Services Worker (Full-Time). Job Summary:
The food service worker must be able to:
Department and Job Specific Expectations:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care for patient populations served in his/her department.
- Deliver compassionate, holistic care, while supporting the rights and dignity of all patients
- Provide quality food for all customers in a sanitary work environment.
- Complete all meals in a timely manner going by all recipes and policies.
- Prepares food for customers, adhering to therapeutic and food safety (HACCP) guidelines.
- Utilizes leftovers and labels and dates all foods according to safe food practices.
- Performs work assignments by following recipes and portion control guidelines.
- Maintains organized work area by frequently cleaning work station.
- Completes sanitation assignments as evidenced by inspection and initialed cleaning schedule.
- Demonstrates high quality production skills.
- Responds quickly to the needs of trayline and cafeteria.
- Maintains adequate supplies and informs supervisor of needs.
- Accurately and completely records all temperatures, refrigeration and HACCP.
- Ensures accurate food items are provided according to diet prescription.
- Ensures timeliness of tray assembly by limiting conversation on tray line.
- Learns other job functions and assists as needed.
Hospital-wide expectations of all positions:
- Presents self to patients/customers in a professional manner
- Actively demonstrates care and concern to patients/customers
- Actively listens to patients/customers
- Acts in a courteous, friendly and helpful manner
- Communicates in a positive, effective manner at all times, with all individuals.
- Seeks opportunities for learning and completes all education requirements & other activities needed to maintain competency
- Is an active participant in performance management process
- Complies with all infection control policies
- Reports errors in accordance with procedures
- Employee demonstrates an understanding of the HCA Corporate Integrity Agreement and the objectives of the ethics and compliance program, as evidenced by participation in annual training and adherence to regulations and policies
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Hospital Food Services Experience Preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom