Adecco Creative & Marketing is assisting a major high end fashion brand in their search for a Materials Coordinator (Footwear and Leather)! This is a FT Freelance opportunity based in NYC on an ongoing/potentially long-term basis. It¿s a great junior-level opportunity for someone in the fashion industry with some exposure to materials and fabrics!
Primary Purpose: Responsible for assisting the team with the development, commercialization and timely delivery of innovative fashion leathers from design concept through production.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Leather Management to...
-Organize, maintain, track and report on leather sample order information
-Place and track with tanneries all color dip and sample request orders.
-Ensure that the EcVision database is complete, accurate and updated in a timely manner.
-Accurately follow up with overseas tanneries for status updates.
-Possess an awareness of the product development timeline and understand how their function relates to the big picture
-Proactively communicate with the team and cross functional partners about leather delivery, shipping distribution and any issues regarding late deliveries
-Partner with team to maintain and organize an efficient leather library as well as archiving system that includes development folders and article masters.
-Receive, label, swatch, check thickness, skin size and article characteristics of leather skins received in NY.
- Track and analyze quality testing results and follow up with appropriate parties to ensure quality compliance.
- Maintain clear communications within internal and external teams.
- Attend cross-functional meetings as needed
- Special projects as assigned.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A true team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and balance high priority situations under pressure
- Possesses creative and innovative way of thinking
- Takes proactive approach with strong problem solving skills
- Flexibility to adapt to an evolving environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Analytical skills to interpret and react to information accurately
An outstanding professional will have...
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Windows, Word, Power Point, EcVision preferred
- Currently working in related fields
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.