At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Forecast Manager that will be a solid contributor and leader. This individual will manage one analyst, and will focus on business intelligence for the Supply Chain team, including the Procurement & Logistics teams, and supporting 50+ warehouses and operations centers around the country. As Vivint Solar grows and expands into new markets, deep experience with data, forecasting, and building bridges with other stakeholders will be critical. If you are a high-achieving influencer with proven analytical capabilities and you want to be part of the exciting solar revolution, this is the job for you.
You'll change the world by...
- Lead efforts to improve the accuracy and detail of Supply Chain business forecasts, integrating input from Sales, Operations, Finance, Solar Labs, and other groups.
- Take point in presenting forecasts, business reports and dashboards, and clear and compelling business recommendations to senior leadership across the company.
- Build bridges with other stakeholders across the company to identify best practices in analytics and business intelligence, and drive toward more cohesive, standardized, simplified reporting with other groups.
- Manage an analyst, oversee training and mentoring to other Supply Chain employees on data modeling and reporting, and oversee broad data and reporting needs for Vivint Solar's supply chain and related stakeholders (Finance, etc).
- Continually improve analytical and reporting capabilities around operational metrics, costs, logistics, inventory, etc.
- Engage in process improvement, cost reduction and other initiatives as time permits.
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Statistics, Economics, Business Management, or a related field with a heavy analytical focus. Master's Degree a plus.
- Business acumen and experience with operations is extremely valuable - we're looking for someone to learn our business and help drive change, not just query data and create reports.
- 7+ years of work experience with significant experience in analytics and forecasting preferred.
- Management experience preferred, or similar leadership experience coordinating team efforts and driving complex projects.
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.