Forecasting Manager, Oncology - Gaithersburg, MD
we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a Forecasting Manager in Gaithersburg, MD
, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial
is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology
is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will develop sales forecasts including volume demand, product sales and inventory movement in support of financial planning (Long Range Operating Plan, Annual Business Updates, & Quarterly Business Updates, conduct Ad hoc analyses of forecast sensitivity which may involve estimates of monthly demand for in-line products using weekly data and/or risk and opportunity sizing, and develop sales forecast models in support of pipeline and LCM business case evaluations and commercialization decisions.
You will develop product-specific short-term and long-term forecasts models (incremental and absolute) and maintain up-to-date forecast models, reflecting current data/information/assumptions, lead the forecasting and business planning processes and all associated work streams (sales bridges, ad hocs supporting Finance, etc.), Identify key business issues that impact short-term and long-range product and market forecasts; clearly and pro-actively surface these issues, incorporate the results of primary research into the forecast model(s) to reflect anticipated risks and opportunities on sales outlook, and define forecasting processes and build capabilities in forecasting for inline and late stage assets. In addition, you will develop forecasts across multiple indications using patient flow forecast models, patient based forecast models, and statistical trending and ensure alignment on forecast assumptions and other critical analytical assessments with business partners.
You will work closely with Senior Leaders, the Brand Team, Managed Markets, Global partners, and a number of additional cross-functional business partners. You will be deployed as part of Insights and Analytics within the Forecasting Excellence team and will report to the Oncology Forecasting Director.Essential Requirements
- Quantitative Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required in one of the following or related fields: Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or Data Science
- Combination of at least five years of experience in pharmaceutical forecasting, product management, market research, or secondary data analysis
- Leadership and interpersonal skills required; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners preferred
- Experienced and skilled in building forecast models, operating plan and managing assumption evaluation to optimize business outputs and drive business decisions
- models for marketed and/or pre-launch pharmaceutical products, requiring only a minimal level of supervision
- Excellent Excel skills with advanced skill in SAS or other statistical programming preferred
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- MBA or Master's degree preferred in Business Administration, Statistics, Science or other relevant discipline
- Broad and deep therapeutic area knowledge, with advanced skill, expertise in Oncology preferred
- Basic understanding of drug development process, regulatory issues and marketing theory; strong grounding in broader business acumen required
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to build credibility and relationships with Commercial Leadership Team
- Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of business performance infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered
- Proficiency in pharmaceutical data sources required; expertise in epidemiology and standard IMS secondary data
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects
- Occasional travel may be required
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law