We’re a “safety first” culture, driven by a zero accident, zero defect, zero waste mentality. Forklift Operators at our Edmond (Oklahoma City), OK dry pet food factory are the real movers of our plant as they facilitate the transfer of finished product through the distribution system, while ensuring product integrity and superior customer service.
As a Forklift Operator, you will perform a variety of tasks within our warehouse including loading trucks, unloading trucks, case picking product, and staging finished product being released from our packing area. These tasks must be done in a safe and efficient manner while ensuring the quality of the product is maintained at the highest level. Successful candidates must maintain a great attendance record and must be able to work overtime and weekends.
1. Perform all job duties in a safe manner, abiding by all safety rules and policies.
2. Operate forklift and perform all job duties in a productive manner, demonstrating initiative and involvement and maintaining adequate levels of productivity, utilization, and efficiency.
3. Comply with all Nestle and plant specific policies and procedures.
4. Full involvement and active participation in all Nestle Purina programs and initiatives. These include but are not limited to Safety, Quality, Continuous improvement, and Job-Specific Training.
5. Load proper quantities of damage free product in a safe manner and distributes the weight of the product in a proper manner. Uses the proper paperwork and the radio-frequency (RF) equipment to complete tasks. Must ensure product being loaded has cleared all quality checks and is not on hold before shipping.
6. Unload product as directed while visually inspecting for damaged and defective materials. Any defective products shall be removed in a proper manner.
7. Move finished product released from the packing room to a designated bin within the warehouse in a timely and efficient manner.
8. Has proficient knowledge of all finished product and RF systems to facilitate a proper rotation of stock using the FIFO (First In First Out) method.
9. Performs daily maintenance check of forklift operation and turns in a written report to shift supervisor on a daily basis. Reports all needed repairs.
10. Keeps operating areas clean and in orderly condition according to food safety standards.
11. Creates case pick pallets/loads of mixed product as needed.
12. Capable of adjusting weights on over-weight trailers as needed.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
2+ years of forklift operations experience within a high volume distribution center, manufacturing or military environment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Previous experience utilizing a slip-sheet forklift attachment
Previous experience utilizing a push-pull forklift attachment
Previous experience utilizing RF scan guns and/or computer based inventory systems
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.